Saturday, October 20, 2012

Unhappy Lonttime Hotwire.com Customer

Personally, I have seen the decline in quality with Hotwire.com. Member since 2005, I no longer use this booking service. Don't get me wrong, I used to book 10-15 times a year, things were swell. I started noticing the hotel locations were off, the quality of hotels were misleading.

 The hotel staff clearly let me know, in multiple cities, the rooms book with Hotwire are the basic rooms of the hotel. Around 2007-2008 I noticed a lot of hotels using hotwire were renovated, or under new management. Some of them were okay , some not. Overall, I give Hotwire a huge "thumbs down"!

Email to Hotwire:

"I am not happy with the Raddisson as a 3.5 star hotel.
This is not a 3.5 star hotel and I have stayed there via hotwire and will not be checking in for 2 days there. I was convienently disconnected with your customer care.

Thank you
xxxxxxx

Distinctive 3.5 Star Hotels

Examples: Hilton, Millennium, Crowne Plaza, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

  • These distinctive establishments offer a higher level of service than most midscale properties, and larger or higher-quality rooms. The lobbies, public areas and exterior are also of higher quality than hotels with lower star ratings.
  • These properties usually offer many of the features and amenities of upscale hotels, such as restaurants, room service, baggage handling, and a fitness or business center.
  • These properties are frequently located near business centers, attractions or upscale residential areas.

Midscale 3-Star Hotels


Sample 3-star Room*

Examples: Doubletree, Radisson, Holiday Inn, plus other top brands and quality hotels.

  • These midscale establishments place a greater emphasis on style, comfort and personalized service than hotels with lower star ratings.
  • These full-service properties usually feature traditional lobby decor, baggage assistance, on-site dining, room service and a gift shop.
  • Additional onsite amenities -- such as a business center or fitness center -- may also be available.


    Hotwire

    End result I received a Hotwire.com mug in the mail.....

No comments:

Post a Comment